Staying Hydrated Helps Keep You Healthy
We get told time and time again that we need to make sure that we drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated is essential to our health. Our bodies are made up of 60 percent water, which means, that drinking water will help replenish any that we lose throughout the day from sweating, crying, urinating, etc. However, replenishing the output of water in our bodies is not the only key reason to making sure that you stay hydrated throughout the day.
Here are some benefits of drinking water to stay hydrated:
1. It quenches your thirst and helps prevent dry mouth.
2. It helps prevent headaches.
3. It helps regulate your body temperature.
4. It helps keep your skin more subtle, improving your complexion.
5. It is a mood and energy booster.
6. It helps prevent foggy brain and increases cognitive function.
7. It helps reduce your risk of heart attacks.
8. It helps your kidneys to function properly, keeping you healthier.
9. It helps lubricate your muscles and joints, reducing stiffness and soreness.
Water really is good for you and your body. If drinking plain water all day does not appeal to your taste buds, try adding some fruit to your water. Adding lemon, lime, raspberries, melons, or any other juicy fruit to your water gives it a nice flavor to help quench your thirst. Switch it up with some herbal teas throughout the day. Just try to stay away from drinking a lot of beverages that are full of caffeine, carbonation, or alcohol. These drinks do not count toward keeping yourself hydrated and healthy.
So, the next time you go into the kitchen to get something to drink, fill your cup up with water to gulp down. Fill up your water bottle and take it with your when you leave the house and sip on it while you drive or take a drink at every stop light during your commute. Remember to keep refilling your cup and water bottle throughout the day. Staying hydrated does help keep you healthy. Cheers to a healthy you!